Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another Quilt Top

A few years ago my mom was in a "Big Brohter Big Sister Program". Where she is from they call it "Companions for Kids". My mom got a little companion named Sarah. We met her when she was 11. She had/has a very bad home life. Her mom was not mentally right at all. Sarah's mom had a baby when Sarah was about 12 or so. Sarah found herself pretty much raising her baby sister. It was just an awful life for a young girl to have.
Now at just a little over Sixteen Years Old, Sarah has had her own baby. Sarah has really no support or help from anybody. She has left her mothers home and is living with a friend. However, not one person in the household has a job. Sarah, being only 16, has plans to go back to school. I hope she does!! I really hope she amounts to more than what her mother was for her. Sarah seems to be a good mom, but she is young. To young to have to give up the rest of her life. Having a baby is hard. It's even harder when you are still a child yourself.
So, I just pray Sarah can give that baby her all.
I have made this quilt top for Sarah's baby, Mia. I hope to have it finished in the next week or so for her :-)
I realize the striped block are a little off....... Me and straight lines don't mix well...........

No comments: