Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A little of this and a little of that

Dare I say it??

I believe my dog is starting to get better!! I have noticed that he is gaining weight again!! His face and belly don't look as skinny to me. He is starting to look normal again. Better than he has in a few months! Now, I do still have him on antibiotics. I am half afraid for when he isn't taking them anymore. I have a big fear that he is going to get sick again :-( I would rather just keep him on antibiotics the rest of his life........lol


.............................................................................................................................................................

On another note, something rather bizarre happened today. Wait, let's just do a flashback to a few years ago first. I started my photography business about 3 years ago. Soon after my site went live I got a harassing email or two from another photographer in this area saying she was going to sue me and she said "You would think you would want something better for yourself seeing as though there is ALREADY a natural light photographer in the area". Well, honey, I hate to break the news but there more than just ONE other. I also heard through the grapevine that she would have felt differently if I would have asked her to mentor me. I like to figure things out on my own. I don't like to be a follower. I don't like being a leader either. I just like to be. Be me. Be myself. I like to do my own thing. Even if that means many trials and errors.
Anyway, whatever, life went on.
So, that brings me to this morning. I have this email in my inbox:

I am interested in some photos for my 6 year old daughter. I enjoy the fall in our area and was hoping you might be able to do some outdoor pictures of her when the leaves start to change. I loved the outdoor ones in your site. Could you also please suggest a few places for the session, especially the places on your website.

Thank you!

Lynn


That is fine. I mean that's a normal thing.....right? The first flag "Especially the locations on your website." Okay well, that's getting a little specific, yes? So then I am looking at the email and WALLLLLLAAAA the from address is soandso@whatever.com BUT right beside the email is the name. It was her!! It was the other photographers name starring at me right in the face........ Emailing me from some made up email account to try to get information from me.

Ya know, if she was looking for new locations all she had to do was ask. Seriously, How old are we? I have NO problems being social with said photographer. NONE! Hell, I have even considered hiring her to do my own family photos. Just because Bubba pumps gas at one gas station doesn't mean he can't be friends or social to Jimmy who pumps gas up the street. There is always competition. No matter what you do. That doesn't mean you have to cheat, steal and lie from your competitors.

OY!!!

No comments: