Thursday, September 18, 2008

Miraculos Recovery???

Ok, So I wouldn't exactly say a miraculous recovery but my dog is eating and drinking again. He is also able to go outside and go up and down the stairs. I thought for sure he was a goner. He has been sickly for a few months. He has lost a ton of weight and is pretty much skin and bones. Although he is not eating dog food, he will gladly let you make him a plate of people food.....lol
I have no idea what is going on with this dog. That will now raise the question " Why haven't you taken him to the vet?"
Well, here is my reasoning. Why am I going to pay hundreds, maybe even thousands to a vet for them to tell me he is sick? I have had him on antibiotics and I have dewormed him. He is actually on antibiotics for the 3rd time in a few months right now. I am not going to pay for x-rays for them to say "Oh, he has cancer." Obviously if it isn't an infection or a parasite of some sort then it is a terminal illness. What do you do with a dog that is eleven years old? Take him to the vet and spends hundreds or thousands of dollars for them to say there is nothing they can do?? He is happy and well-loved. He is just a skinny boy right now :-) He may never get better.... I don't know. Regardless, I will do what I can to make him comfy and happy. Even if that means giving him people food every day......lol

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I'm so glad your poochy is doing better! Phew.